If you’re looking for a top-notch multipattern condenser mic that won’t break the bank, the RV10 is it! This highly versatile microphone is a valuable addition to any recording set-up. Featuring 3 polar patterns, bass roll-off and a -10db pad. Don’t be fooled by the price, the RV10 is a serious microphone only matched by similar products costing many times more. Its dual (3-micron) capsules deliver a truly professional sound that you’ll find flattering on a wide variety of sources.
Why choose a multipattern condenser mic?
The answer is versatility and the RV10 multipattern condenser microphone is easily our most versatile microphone in the range. Featuring 3 switchable polar patterns, you can use it for so many different applications making it the perfect studio “all-rounder”:
- Cardiod – captures sound in one direction. Perfect for applications like single vocals and acoustic instruments.
- Figure-of-eight – captures sound in 2 directions (back and front). Perfect for vocals duets and capturing instrument and voice simultaneously.
- Omni – captures sound equally in all directions (360 degrees). Perfect for groups vocals (eg, barbershop), ensembles and for capturing sound source and room sound.
There are no hard and fast rules when it comes to what polar pattern to use when. Why not experiment? You might just get something completely different that sounds awesome in your mix! For a more detailed explanation of the polar patterns mentioned above, see this excellent article by SoundOnSound Magazine.
Don’t need a multipattern condenser mic? Have a look at our RV8
The complete kit includes
- RV10 Microphone
- Professional all-metal shock-mount
- Lockable aluminium flight-case
- Foam windshield and spare shock-mount elastic.
Element: Pressure Gradient Transducer
Diaphragm: 3-micron thick, dual vapour deposited gold diaphragms (1 Inch)
Polar Pattern: Cardioid, Figure 8 & Omni
-10 db Attenuation Switch
Low frequency roll-off switch
Internal and external gold-plated connectors
Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20kHz
Sensitivity: -31dB/-33dB/-34dB (+/- 2dB)
(0dB = 1V/Pa at 1kHz)
Output Impedance: 250Ohms +/- 30% (at 1kHz)
Self Noise: 14dBA
Max. Input SPL: 135dB (at 1kHz 1% THD)
145dB (with –10dB Pad)
Operating Voltage: 48V dc phantom power (+/- 5V)
Net Weight: 590g