The Red5 Audio
RV15 is a high quality studio microphone that has been tailored
to suit a wide variety of applications. The extra warmth that
a valve microphone will bring to your recordings will be obvious
as soon as you start using your new RV15.
Listed below are some of the possible sound sources that the RV15
will accurately capture, but the possibilities are endless
Vocals (Lead vocals, backing vocals, broadcasting, etc.)
Acoustic instruments (acoustic guitar, piano, violin, etc.)
Wind Instruments (woodwind &brass)
Overheads (drums, ensembles, etc.)
large vapour deposited gold diaphragm accurately reproduces even
the subtlest performance, from soaring high frequencies to deep
- Cardioid polar pattern allows for detailed capture of a specific
source, while rejecting noise from surrounding sources.
- Extremely low self-noise matched with high output meets the
needs of even the most demanding studio musicians.
- Your RV15 is equipped with a 12AX7 (7025) valve to bring the
warmth to your recordings that youve always wanted.
- Capable of handling high sound pressure levels (up to 128dB
SPL) allowing for an extremely wide variety of applications.
- Specially designed and matched external power supply to provide
the power required for your new valve microphone.
- High quality gold plated internal and external connectors. This
prevents oxidisation of contacts, which can dramatically reduce
the quality of your audio signal.
- Integrated two-stage pop shield, combined with a hardened low-carbon
steel grille, protects the delicate capsule against accidental